Friday, June 4, 2010

The Hubby's response

Well, I have to say that is super sweet of you, hon. It was a challenge to not just collapse in overwhelming disbelief and then continue through the cycles of remorse until i raged out at the bride and groom... throwing a chair or something would have felt good for sure. But really, I just found a happy thought. Sounds gay i know, but i looked over at my gorgeous wife, with her cute hair cut and delicious style... She had the most apologetic face I've ever seen and she whispers, "it's OK if you use the money I've been saving up for my car" in my ear. All I could think about was how lucky i was to be married to such a sweet and loving wife...

What is money when i have the world?

I held onto that thought... and periodically glanced over at her during the night to try and meet her gaze in the crowd. Knowing I'm "stuck" with her for the rest of my life is what helped me keep my cool and enjoy the rest of the evening. I don't know what i would have done if she hadn't been there with me. Now i just need to learn to hold that thought when she leaves the wet sponge in the sink ;) Thanks for all your love and support babe. I love you to pieces.

Kris

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Ha ha! What a cute thing to wake up to?! It's the first time I think Kris has ever posted on this blog. Aaaw. Thanks honey. He did tell me that later on that night and it made my day.

Love you too. And I'm cool with putting the wet sponges somewhere else....like the GARBAGE. Hate reusing nasty things - hahaha. A quirk of mine.

Anonymous said...

He even uses the word gay in the same context you have since you were 8 Cath! He's perfect!
-ENV-