Saturday, June 19, 2010

Makeup Boycott

The other day I finally used the spa giftcard Kris gave me for Christmas. Ha. I went to the spa and got the longest facial they had time for. Heavenly.

You know how when your face feels so clean and awesome, the last thing on earth you want to do is put on makeup? So I decided to boycott it. I have been SO SICK of getting ready these days.

My whole routine consisted of concealer under the eyes, tinted moisturizer/foundation, powder, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, blush, sometimes bronzer. Ugh, I've been so over it. And while I never wore a lot of it, it took a long time and I hate feeling like I'm caking crap on my face.

Now my routine consists of eye shadow (a neutral color just to take out the shine), eye liner and mascara. Maybe a tiny bit of powder if my nose is shiny. Takes like 3 minutes and I'm done. I prob looked better before but I'm really loving this.

While on this new kick, I bought a Clarisonic Mia - I'm lazy and this makes washing your face so easy. I use it at night and then put on moisturizer and my face just feels and looks so much better (another reason I can cut back on the makeup).



It's liberating. Give it a try.

P.S. Disclaimer: I do still "get ready" for evenings out and special occasions etc and even better, now it's actually kind of fun because it's not a chore.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

what kind of facial did u get? My skin is NASTY

Cathy said...

I think it was called "Better than Botox" (hahaha) but really, I just asked for the longest one they had and that is what she gave me.

Look for one that has peels in it and extractions and exfoliation/anti-aging and you'll love it. Your face feels so awesome afterwards that you really just don't want to wear makeup. It's a great way to start and with the Clarisonic brush, it's a great way to keep going. It just scrubs so well that moisturizer has a cleaner surface to work with and works 100X better.

LOVE IT.

Kali said...

I almost wrote a post about this the other day. After a week camping at our cabin in AK {no makeup involved} I was almost repulsed by the thought of putting make-up back on. Mascara is a necessity but I hate wearing it. Hate the feel of it. Face moisturizers I love however.

what the heck is a clarisonic brush? forgive my ignorance. Never even had a spa facial...

Clarisonic said...

I love the Makeup Boycott idea! So glad your Clarisonic is helping to accomplish that mission. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us: 888.525.2747 or info@clarisonic.com. We are also on Facebook and Twitter for further customer service and the latest updates.

Happy Boycott!