P.S. Christmas was perfect. Loved it. Will discuss in more detail when I'm not falling asleep typing. Nite!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
P.S. Christmas was perfect. Loved it. Will discuss in more detail when I'm not falling asleep typing. Nite!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
- Getting married last December
- Honeymooning in Hawaii
- Living right next to the beach in California
- Traveling all over the place: Victoria and Whistler, Canada, Mexico, Santa Barbara, Virginia, Texas, San Francisco, Catalina Island, Oregon, bla bla bla
- Deciding to continue traveling for a few years to "live it up" before kids
- Making awesome Europe and Egypt travel plans
- Being humbled and getting pregnant five months later
- Cancelling trips and saving for a house
- Kris getting his sailing license
- Cathy learning how to cook
- Sailing a lot and cooking alot...together
- Mountain biking a lot...together (pre-pregnancy)
- Working on Passing Prop 8 and succeeding!
- Working with CP80 to help protect kids from internet pornography
- Working a lot at work
- Taking way too many pictures of beautiful weddings...together
- Playing a lot...together
- Laughing, crying, bla bla bla
We hope 2009 is just as wonderful! And look forward to Baby Sundberg wreaking havoc and taking over the place in February.
Love to you all! And most of all, gratitude to our Savior for His perfect life, love, and example. We "stand all amazed", all the time.
Monday, December 8, 2008
I've had requests for prego pics. I ALMOST put a pic of my big old naked stomach right on here, but I remember as a child how traumatic it was to see the bare stomachs of pregnant women on the beach so I figured maybe I'll spare you all.
And just FYI - this pic hides how big I am, but just so you know I am growing at an increasingly alarming rate. I gained six pounds this month. I have two months to go and I'm quite frankly not sure where this baby is going to GO! Last night at the Christmas devotional he kept doing something way up high in my ribs...OOW...so Kris pushed down on my stomach to try to alleviate the pain and the baby kicked him. Haha. Funny.
Ok pic time. So here I am, on our one year anniversary. This is the most recent prego pic I could find on our hard drive. I promise I'll have Kris do a full on photo shoot and get some more up here. I'm slightly embarrassed because it looks like I'm striking a pose. Blame it on Kris. Also, if it looks like I don't have a zit in the middle of my forehead it's because I removed it. No wrinkles? Very soft light. It's nice being married to a photographer.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
P.S. One more thing...this is the latest wedding we shot. I just really liked a lot of the pics. Go ahead, take a peek.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Well, our one year anniversary is December 1st (wow, time flies) so we decided to celebrate over the holiday. Nothing quite like a night at the St Regis...
Friday, November 21, 2008
Last night? Rachel McAdams was in my dream. For the record, I think she is completely adorable. Where has she been? Four years ago she was in a movie that made me cry my eyes out. Love her.
"I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but in one respect I've succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough." ~Noah~
Monday, November 17, 2008
Yes, that's me sitting on a bench with the reflector shading my head from the REALLY hot sun, while Kris was busting his butt taking pictures. I'm sure he appreciated the thumbs up. Incredibly helpful these days. It's true.
Kris, however, is better than ever. I can say in my VERY biased position as wife that he is the best wedding photographer I know. I can also say, in my unbiased position as "assistant" that he is the best wedding photographer that I know.
California is burning to the ground...again. And yet, I choose to live in a state that has mutliple fires a year, earthquakes, and flooding. Hmmm...
Monday, November 10, 2008
I took the day off on election day to help run around and call and etc. That night I went home and Kris was out of town so I literally just sat in front of my computer all night as the numbers slowly started pouring in from each county. I was so anxious, literally pushing the "refresh" button on my computer every few minutes for HOURS to see where we stood.
Finally, at about 3AM when 80% of the votes were in and we were still ahead, my heart stopped pounding as hard, and I just leaned back and cried. It was an intense yet peaceful moment. A moral victory for California and a moment in history for me.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
me: i luv u
Kris: not as much as i love you!!!
me: no WAY!
i love you so much...
i would pop my eyeballs out
if i had to
and drop earwigs in my ears
me: im totally laughing
Kris: i'd snort tabasco sauce
and chew on aluminum foil
i would eat poop
And that folks, that is where the converstaion died. Did I win?
P.S. For those of my friends who have in the past, referred to me as "classy" I apologize for letting you down :)
And here we are, the eve of election day in California. The anxiety has been present for weeks and is building. My husband is on a business trip in the East Coast and I am by myself with my fetus (haha) to stress about it.
I just want to say I am so proud to be an American. I feel so blessed to live in this country. God help us continue to make righteous decisions. If not, good ole conservative Texas may have to be my final resting place :)
P.S. One thing that has kept a smile on my face the past few days is my husband. I've always thought of myself as majorly even-tempered and laid back but Kris blows me out of the water. Whether it's sports, politics, me being completely obnoxious, or any number of things, he never ceases to amaze me with his kind, gentle nature. I have NEVER seen him lose his cool. It is very humbling.
Hahaha. And this pic says it all, right? Very collected and easy going psycho farmer man, huh? Hahaha. But truthfully, he is. He really is.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Dear friends and fam, use a "bagel cutter" when you are being nice and making breakfast for your husband or you might end up with four stitches. Who knew a finger could bleed so much!
Good practice for the hospital trip when the baby comes. Kris passed.
I should be allowed to stand up for what I believe in without being discriminated against. As I feel like I'm a sympathetic person who truly tries to love other people, it was a hard day for me to feel so much hate for standing up for what I believe and then being labeled hateful. Ironic.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
That's right, baby Vans. Hahaha. Kills me.
P.S. It's helping me recover from losing out on a $700 Pottery Barn crib for $150 on Craigslist. Painful, I know.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Every now and then I find a total winner and hold onto it, which means now I have a COMPLETELY random mix of things that I like to use for this or that. Here are a few of my favorites. Tell me YOURS!
- Cetaphil Daily Cleanser - I've had at least two esteticians tell me they can tell when someone uses this cleanser because their skin is so smooth (ahem, pre-pregnancy, I should say). Best part? $8 - not kidding.
- Laura Mercier, Secret Finish - Put a TINY bit on your fingers and tap under your eyes/on your cheekbones when you've finished with the whole makeup routine. Gives you that great "Julia Roberts dewy look".
- Lancome Definicils Mascara - Have used it for years. Love it. Can't find anything better.
Philosophy, Hope in a Tube - Eye cream you can use after you wash your face and before you put on any makeup. I actually really like the sets you can buy from them too with their peels etc. "Make-Up Optional Kit" or "The Miracle Worker". I think the set was one of "Oprah's Favorite Things" a few years ago.
Now tell me YOURS!
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
may be THE MOST IMPORTANT thing this generation ever does.
- Unless Proposition 8 passes, California society will soon undergo a profound change in its basic understanding of marriage and family life. That will affect everyone in numerous ways. Over time, greater acceptance of nontraditional marriage will be demanded of all people. This could impact the ability of any religion to teach and practice its beliefs.
- Proposition 8 will not hurt gays.In California, the law provides for marriage-related benefits to be given to civil unions and domestic partnerships. Proposition 8 does not diminish these benefits.
- Failure to pass Proposition 8 will hurt children.If gay marriage remains legal, public schools will put it on equal footing with traditional marriage. Children will likely receive “age appropriate” information about sexual relations within heterosexual and homosexual marriages.
- Failure to pass Proposition 8 will hurt churches.The court’s decision will inevitably lead to conflicts with religious liberty and free speech rights. Society will become more and more hostile to traditional beliefs about marriage and family.
Oh this is SO important. The First Presidency called a meeting last week in California and asked us to give ALL WE CAN to help pass Proposition 8.
Please pass the link along and encourage your Californian friends to vote! Stats say we are 50/50 so EVERY vote is so vital.
Monday, October 13, 2008
For my California friends (many, many of which are "looking to buy" next year since prices are dropping...just a few tips cuz I love ya). Sorry for boring the rest of you.
DISCLAIMER: I don't know anything and could be hideously wrong. Just a few things we experienced with our recent attempt (some tips are short-sale specific).
A. If you're going for a short sale don't bother unless it's "pre-approved" with the bank. And sadly, if it's a really great deal some jack-a investor will probably come in and offer the bank cash and steal it from you (no, i'm not bitter at all)
B. People think FHA loans are great because you can get one with only 3% down...trouble is...you will be charged monthly mortgage insurance, a mortgage premium upfront of THOUSANDS that tags onto the price of the house (close to $8K for the last one) and closing costs are a beast. Mortgage rates are also A LOT higher. Not to mention...if you are having a bidding war against a conventional loan, you will probably lose.
C. Do everything you can to save money for a conventional loan. You can get a 10% down conventional loan until Dec 1 for a jumbo loan (look it up) and after that, it's 20% again...and that's A LOT of money. Maybe the gov will step in and extend it.
D. Try to find an agent that would be cool enough to "clue you in" on the short sales before they hit the MLS so you can make an offer to the bank before it hits. Once they are there and if they are a great find, good luck.
E. Even though they can only lock a rate in for you for 45 days, if you are serious about buying, try to have everything ready when you are looking - pre-approval from the lender, etc. - because another big bonus for the bank is just being able to CLOSE quickly.
F. And finally, thinking that raising the offer price will help you win a bid, isn't ALWAYS the case (but sometimes is). Because CA is ridiculously inflated you may bid OVER the appraisal price (which is still much below the market price) however, the bank won't finance you for it and it causes problems. Best to just be able to close quickly with a decent down payment.
P.S. Kris and I are now in the scrounging stage. We even have a "saving" game going on to see how fast we can save up, which is another way of saying...what can I sell?
Goodbye beautiful leather Lanvin boots.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
A few months ago I would not have been able to tell you ONE thing about baby strollers. Just like now, I can't give you one good reason why high school boys are wearing these hideous low-rise skinny jeans that suck to their ankles like spandex. How impossibly unflattering is that? Anyway...
I've fallen in love with craigslist - especially in Orange County where really rich people get sick of their seven hundred dollar "Rock Star Baby" strollers after a month and sell them for two. Never would have bought this stroller in a million years otherwise. Gotta love this place.
P.S. If you are not familiar with craigslist, do yourself a favor and spend some time on there. http://www.craigslist.org/
P.P.S. Next up...an $1800 stainless steel fridge for $350. Six months old. Unreal.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Am I too old to egg a realtor's house?
Friday, October 3, 2008
Along with the John Deere they bought a house on 16 acres. Property? BEAUTIFUL - complete with horse stables, a pool, an orchard of fruit trees bla bla.
The house? A work in progress...but the first few weeks are always the most exciting!
- Pepper, the resident Geigle family dog, won't even lay down on the old carpet
- I had to switch rooms three times - for some reason creatures kept wanting to climb into the wall every night, wake me up with all their scratching noises, and then die - leaving a lovely odor around the house
- The land, while beautiful, is full of noxious weeds. One of which, Kris and I got to bring home as a delightful souvenier called POISON IVY
- The neighboring property is an exotic African animal war zone - people pay to go inside and hunt. We hear weird loud noises in the morning coming from that direction.
- Last time my parents experimented with being ranchers my mom set the yard on fire and my Dad fell off the roof...and the horse
- At the local military base, they build mock Iraqui villages to practice. The locals get paid $12 an hour to dress up and play the part. Kris and I were DYING to do this but didn't have time.
- Fire ants...that's all I have to say on that subject.
- Whenever my Mom talks to the locals she instantly breaks into a southern accent - totally throws me off. When I protested she said, "I HAVE to or they won't understand me..." Hahaha. Oh brother.
When my parents got married they chose an adventurous lifestyle. They have moved 14 times, (including Rio de Janiero, Brazil and London, England). SOMEHOW everything they touch and everywhere they go is dusted with magic.
I consider them city slickers trying to pull off the ranch thing; however, while the house needs a bit of an update :) - their eyes were twinkling as the remodeling began. I see magic in the making and I do believe this will be their finest project :)
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
And then came Isabella Oliver.
Please no freaking out when you see the price tags on these outfits. Every pregnant girl has the right to own something Isabella AND there is a 20% off sale online until midnight tonight. Tell your friends!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
- Eating a pickle you've been craving and then turning around and seeing Honey Nut Cheerios that you suddenly HAVE to have leaves a really gross mix of flavors in your mouth. I don't suggest it.
- Craving something and LOVING the first few bites but wanting to gag by the time you are almost finished...weird
- Watching your stomach and actually seeing it bump up when the baby moves
- Waking up four times last night to go to the bathroom....ugh
- Looking at my stomach in the mirror
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Marrying you was the best decision I ever made. It would be impossible to find another person like you. I am so lucky. You mean everything to me.
Kris has tried to convince me that the baby can just sleep in the ottoman or laundry basket and we can stay put (an opinion which has put him on baby planning restriction until further notice -jk).
So where do we go? Do we stay on the beach and rent a bigger place? Do we buy since the market is dropping? If so, where do we buy? Visiting my parents in Texas this weekend (blog post to come) was great but reminded us once again of the sad reality of California real estate.
Just a quick example to illustrate.
Austin, Texas area : $529,900
Huntington Beach, CA: $574,900
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008
I'm thankful for a country that allows me the freedom to enjoy "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness". God Bless America. God Bless our Troops and all those who have suffered and died for us and God help our people make righteous decisions so we may continue to enjoy these gifts.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
During sharing time one of the girls (Karis) asked Kris how Jesus died. Kris was trying to be quiet and drew her a picture while he explained. Later on when we were in our own little class Karis announced, "Jesus died on the cross-walk". Oh boy.
At this point I should have taken it from him like a good teacher would have done but I was very curious about his next move.
He looked at the raisen for a moment and then non-chalantly popped it in his mouth. Hahaha. One of the little girls said, "That's DISGUSTING" - hahaha, yeah sure is, SICK! We got a good laugh out of that - even though things REALLY make me more queezy than normal these days ;)
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
As if I'm the wise sage at the top of the mountain with the secret of life. Yes, I've been married for only 9 months HOWEVER these have been good for me.
- The Kitty - Every month we have an automatic withdrawal from our joint account set to send some money into two separate "kitty" accounts - one for him and one for me. This is just "me" money. So, at the end of the day, he never has to feel irritated about the random things I want to buy at any given moment or a nice dinner out with the girls.
- On that note: Girl's night out. Tonight we went for sushi (precooked rolls for prego me). Something about going out and doing your own thing once a week, a day, a month or whenever you get the chance is just good. And I always miss him when I do :)
Monday, August 18, 2008
Kris: Great pose. You guys look good together.
Guy: That's sick man, she's my niece.
I also carry stuff around, help scout out the locations, help photoshop the pics, and I even act as a second photographer. So I may not have Kris's natural talent but I've taken a few good ones.
All in all, I'm just kind of an intern...again. Even though I already did that in New York City a hundred years ago for John Stossel at ABC News. Somehow, this pic of me holding one flash and wearing three pairs of sunglasses on my head (props) during the shoot reminded me of the good old days with John when he had me go feed his parking meter.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
- I ate a whole bottle of green olives in one day
- I'm craving things with tomato sauce - salsa, spaghetti, pizza, etc.
- Baby doesn't like red meat as much - but at least I can walk through the meat section in the grocery store now without gagging
- I have vivid dreams
- Extra hormones? I locked Kris out of the house the other day when he was irritating me (he had to climb through the kitchen window to get back in) Thankfully I married someone really patient with a fabulous sense of humor...
- I'm big enough to look like I have a gut but small enough that no one would dare ask...hahaha. So funny.
- I always want to drink juice. Last week orange. This week grape.
- I think I'm feeling more sentimental in general
- I'm really not liking onions lately
- I heard the heartbeat today. Very cool. Hard to believe there is actually a little person in there!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
Needless to say, if I were a little more superficial, this may have been our last date. Ahem, does anyone else have children that look like gremlins? Just checking...
Should we be concerned?